What is PLR and How do I Use it?
What is PLR?
PLR stands for Private Labels Rights content, which can be anything from articles to ebooks. PLR content is a great way to get your blog started quickly. You can buy articles in bulk and edit them before publishing, which means that you don’t have to spend hours writing original material just for the sake of it being different from everything else on blogs everywhere – as long as those other sites use PLRs too (and many do).
How do I use PLR for my Blog or Website?
PLR can be so useful to both new and seasoned bloggers. PLR will help you save time by allowing you to produce new content easily so that you can focus on more important parts of your business. Here are a few ways that you can use PLR for your business:
- Write New Content: Whether you are launching a new site or just need some extra content while you are on vacation, you can purchase PLR to rewrite new content for your site.
- Social Media: You can purchase social media templates that you can edit to make your content stand out on social media. All of our social media templates are editable in canva.
- Newsletters: PLR will be the key to keeping your email subscribers engaged. There’s no shortage of content when you use PLR to create printables, workbooks and ebooks, or convert it into as-is email newsletter.
- Get Creative & Make Some Money: There are so many things you can do with PLR. Why not create something you can sell such as an e-book or an online course?
Tips for Using PLR on Your Site
If you are purchasing blog content to reuse on your site here are a few helpful tips to make the most out of our PLR content. We will also include some software that we use and recommend to make editing your PLR even easier.
But before you jump into things you may want to pay for, let’s talk about how you can edit these articles yourself.
Change Your Title: We always recommend changing the title of your PLR to make it your own. You might even want to change according to the keywords you have chosen for your post.
Write Your Own Intro: When I buy PLR for my own site I always recommend rewriting the entire article to make yourself stand out in Google. But for starters you can just rewrite your own intro paragraph.
Add Your Own Photos: I always, always use my own photos whether it be ones I grab from Canva, Picmonkey or stock photos. I never use the photos that come with the PLR I buy unless they are easy to edit in canva so that I can make them my own.
Link Up Your Articles: Always link back to other related articles on your site if you can. This will help with Google and SEO. It will also help your PLR rank better.
Never copy and paste PLR and just publish it. And while it’s rare , Google can and will penalize for duplicate content. But you usually don’t have to worry about that if you rewriting and changing up the content yourself.
You Get What You Pay For.
When buying PLR pay attention to the pricing and what the person you are buying from is offering. This is a mistake I made in the beginning when I bought PLR for my own site. I bought a bunch of articles because they were super cheap but I ended up having to do more work on the articles to get them to rank. The whole point for me in purchasing PLR is to save me time.
All of our blog PLR is over 1,000 words and is written with an SEO software called RankIQ. This will help save you a lot of work so when purchasing PLR look for these types of things. There are many great PLR websites out there that offer different types of content to meet your needs.
If you would like a few recommendations of things that I use to help make rewriting or changing my PLR easier check out the links below. Please note that some of them may be affiliate links in which I make a small commission from.
- Jasper: Jasper is an AI tool that will help you rewrite content. While it’s not foolproof it’s been a tremendous help for me.
- Rank IQ: Rank IQ is an seo software that helps you outrank the competition. It tells you how many words your article should be and what keywords you should add to help you rank. Get RankIQ.
- Canva Pro: If you don’t have Canva Pro , you are missing out. This has been vital to my business. A lot of editable PLR out there requires you to have a Canva Pro account. But with Canva Pro you have access to such much more. They offer video, photos and thousands of templates for you to use for your business. Get Canva Pro.
PLR, or private label rights, is a great way to get started in content marketing. It’s also a great way to add fresh, new content to your website without spending hours writing it yourself. If you’re not sure how to get started with PLR or where to find quality products, we hope these tips help you understand how to purchase and use PLR for your business. Thanks for reading!